You Have Expired Credit Cards, Put Them To Work!
Has your credit card expired? Are you confused what to do with your old plastic friend? Don’t get the scissors just yet! If you are not ready to let your card go, here’s some amazing little ways to keep your old card in your life doing something else besides spending your money!
1. You can create a battery cover with you old card for your mouse, TV, AC remote, whatever. We know that the battery cover on the back of a remote gets misplaced very often and then the remote becomes quite troublesome, as the batteries keep falling off out of it every time. Now, you do not have to worry about all this crap, as your old credit card can help you out by replacing your remote’s missing battery cover. If it’s not a perfect fit, just use a small xacto knife to trim it to size! You’re looking smarter already! Time for number two!
2. OK, you might not be Picasso, but if you have a lot of expired credit cards, then you can make a mosaic or collage out of them. Just cut the credit cards into small pieces and while applying your crafty mind, stick them on a canvas with their different colors. You can get some really interesting ideas from the internet. You can make a pretty pattern or an abstract image out of them. You can even glue the colored pieces around a mirror or picture frame. Want inspiration? Just Google and find out some incredible creations. OK…now for some more PRACTICAL uses…
3. Have a guitar or want to learn it? You would definitely need guitar picks then. Easy, just make them out of your old credit card, with the help of scissors or a pick punch. You can get at least three to four guitar picks from one card. Your first song could be how impressed your family is that you built an 850 CIBIL Score! How cool is that!
4. Have you lost your collar stays? Make them using your old credit cards. Collar stays are there when you buy a new shirt and prevent your shirt’s collars from bending. Just cut up your old card and use its pieces to replace the misplaced collar stays in your shirt. You can even do it for your partner’s dress shirts. Your co workers will wonder why you look so good, and you can just tell them “Mastercards”.
5. You can also use your old credit card to hold the cords at the back of your desk, so that they do not tangle. How? Take a card and cut a notch in it, so that there is one notch for each cord. Then, cut a circle at the end of every notch. Now, slip the one cord through one notch and keep your cords away from tangling. One card can hold three to four of your cords. Boring but helpful.
6. All your credit cards have your name on them. You can slice the part that has your name and label your belongings with it. You can stick them to your Moleskine or your iPod. You can even make your name necklace with it.
7. You can use your old credit card to make a bookmark for yourself. For this, you just have to cut a large ‘v’ shape from your expired credit card, so that you can easily slip it over your book pages, while keeping the ‘v’ shape on top and the remaining card underneath. Or else, if you do not want to do all this, you can simply use your whole card as a bookmark. However, make sure that you place it properly, as it can fall out. We say, get creative with it!
8. Do your ear buds tangle whenever you take them out of your bag or keep them anywhere else? Now, you can stop them from twisting and knotting by using your old credit card as an ear bud holder. A few simple cuts and holes and you’re ready to de-tangle your life! Just check out the picture, it’s not hard to duplicate.
9. You can even mark the seedlings in your garden with the help of old expired credit cards. Just cut the old cards into strips and paint them white (if you want to). Then use a sharpie to write on every strip of card and label your every seedling or every garden row. You can’t exactly grow money, but you never know! Maybe you’ll sprout a Platinum Card!
10. Make a ‘credit crunch bracelet.’ It’s quite easy to make. Just Google it!
11. If you love watching things on your phone, then this great little idea is just for you. An easy prop up on your phone, and even works as a dock when charging. Simple and genius at the same time.
Now you’ve got 11 ideas of what to do, so stop procrastinating! If you make something yourself, be sure to share and post it in the comments!
- How to Use A Citibank Credit Card to Get Amazing Discounts on the New iPhone - 29/11/2017
- Tata Titanium Card Excellent Card For Daily Spending | Review - 27/10/2017
- How To Decide Which Bank Is Giving The Best Home Loan Deal - 18/10/2017
- 5 Reasons To Have An American Express Card - 10/10/2017
- Great Credit Cards For Students And Housewives - 29/03/2017