Travel Wisely With Amex and Make My Trip
What if we could pair the erstwhile top of the line brands together in a small pocket-sized card? Well, guess what, the action began long ago with the co-branding between most elite of options, American Express and the rising online travel reservation portal, MakeMyTrip.
If that’s not enough for you, then there’s Payback, India’s biggest partnership loyalty program too co-branded within.
Nothing gets better than the touch of royalty with the added perseverance of such premium offerings. That’s American Express MakeMyTrip Card for you.
We shall have a go at this card in our reviews today. Go on, get a peek-a-boo of the card.
The thing about Amex MakeMyTrip Card
- American Express, or simply Amex is the squadron of the ultimate elite. However with the newer generation of mid-range trying to break the barriers of the richness, Amex came up with the answer to their queries in the form of this co-branded card.
- With statistics showcasing more than 30% of expenditure paid via online, Amex stepped out to exploit this opportunity with their co-branding.
Shall we begin with the features, then?
Features of Amex MakeMyTrip Card
- American Express MakeMyTrip Card offers welcome gifts to the cardholders in the ilk of MakeMyTrip vouchers each worth Rs 1000.
- The MakeMyTrip vouchers range from 2 or 9 preluding to the date of application.
- The cardholder is entitled to 2 PAYBACK Points for every spend of Rs 100 whereas you can earn up to 5 PAYBACK Points on spends of Rs 100 on MakeMyTrip.
- You can avail PAYBACK Points at 50 PAYBACK Partner brands.
Let’s get a feel of the benefits, shall we?
Benefits of Amex MakeMyTrip Card
Airport Lounges & MakeMyTrip
- You can enjoy discounted access to 31 Domestic Airport Lounge across 14 cities in India.
- You shall be entitled to 5% cashback on your MakeMyTrip bookings.
Amex ezeClick & Dineout
- Enjoy faster shopping experience at over 8000 shopping destinations with a unique ID. All you need to do is register at ezeClick.com.
- You can avail up to 30% discount and an additional 5% cashback at more than 1200 restaurants with Dineout, including reservation of the tables.
- You shall be entitled to MakeMyTrip voucher worth Rs 2000 with spends of Rs 1.25 lacs in the membership year.
- In cases of spends of Rs 2.5 lacs in the membership year, you shall be entitled to additional MakeMyTrip voucher worth Rs 5000.
- You can avail one free supplementary card as a cardholder. However, the charges for the second supplementary card and onwards shall be Rs 750.
Time for the eligibility and documents. Line them up’
Eligibility & Documents
- The applicant must have attained a major age, i.e. 18 years.
- The candidate shall possess permanent residency of India.
- The candidate shall have no default payments.
- The income bar for the applicant is set at Rs 6 lacs or more in the past annum.
- The applicant must submit copies of the income statement in the ilk of PAN Card, monthly payslips along with identity proof.
It’s time you get to know the fees and charges.
Fees & Charges
|1st year||Rs 750 plus taxes|
|2nd year and onwards||Rs 1500 plus taxes|
Verdict on the card
- This one’s for those who seek online reservation on the travel front along with online payment of expenditure bills.
- With the elite nature of American Express lined up in the card, this does feel worth a shot. However, the absence of fee waiver does lets it a down a tad.
- If you’re a travel frenzy, then this would be one of the most viable options for you.
- Here’s your getaway to a trip, grab your chance.
- Enjoy Big Savings With The Kotak Delight Platinum Card Review - 19/01/2017
- Does My Spouses CIBIL Score Affect Me? - 13/12/2016
- Earn Cash Back While Going Cashless - 09/12/2016
- What Young People Need To Know About CIBIL - 05/12/2016
- Credit Card Review ⎜The Jet Airways ICICI Bank Sapphiro Card - 02/12/2016