A Second Review Of The Popular Citibank Rewards Card
We’ve covered it once before, but this card is great so we’re going to give you another look. The features are top tier and it’s an accessible card suitable for most shoppers. Just about everything has something to gain with the Citi Rewards Card.
Overview of the Citibank Rewards card
- This card provides amazing offers and deals to customers who like to shop.
- Through this card, you can earn additional reward points and that too much faster.
- You can redeem your reward points for attractive deals on shopping, travelling, etc.
- No expiry date for reward points, when means that you can accumulate your reward points over time and then redeem them as air miles, vacation trips, premium merchandise, and cash back.
Benefits of the Citibank Rewards card
1. Welcome bonus
- Get 2,500 reward points on activating your credit card
2. Reward points
- You receive 10 reward points, when you spend Rs. 125 at department and apparel stores, in addition to shopping from the exclusive and wide range of more than 50 Citibank partner stores
- You earn 1 reward point, when you spend Rs. 125 on all other purchases
- Card members can instantly redeem their reward points at more than 700 e-shopping websites and outlets
- You can earn 1,000 bonus reward points, when you spend more than Rs. 1 lakh on this credit card in a calendar quarter
3. Exclusive offers
- Receive a discount of Rs. 3,000, when you book hotels through MakeMyTrip (This offer is valid till June 30, 2016)
- Enjoy more than 3,600 deals and offers on shopping, movies, dining, and EMI with this credit card
4. No joining or annual fees
There are no joining or annual charges on this card. The annual fee is waived off, if you spend a minimum of Rs. 30,000 through this credit card in a year starting from the issuing date of your card. Otherwise, you have to pay Rs. 1,000 as annual fees. Very reasonable proposition considering most cards with an annual fee don’t offer options for waiver.
5. International card
You can use this credit card within India as well as abroad, as it is an international credit card. This means it comes with some purchase protection to keep you safe in your travels.
Features and other benefits of the Citibank Rewards card
- You receive 500 reward points as a bonus on each additional credit card.
- You receive birthday bonus of 500 reward points on your birthday every year.
- After first year, you get 1,000 reward points as bonus, when you renew your credit card.
- Card members can save up till 20% at more than 1000 restaurants all over India with this card’s dining benefits.
- Benefit from the Credit Shield Plus scheme that offers cardholders outstanding coverage of up till Rs. 5 lakhs as well as Personal Accident Cover.
- You can also borrow a loan through this credit card.
- Get additional security on your credit card with its Lost Card Liability feature.
- Easily and quickly pay your utility bills online through the Bill Pay feature of this credit card.
Fees and Charges of the Citibank Rewards card
- Annual fees: Rs. 1000, which is waived off if you spend atleast Rs. 30,000 in a year
- Interest rates: 3.25% monthly or 39% per annum, which are variable as per your purchase, utilization, and payback patterns
The Citibank Rewards card is great for frequent shoppers, particularly if you shop at department and apparel stores. Moreover, this card is good, if you travel very often, as it also offers some amazing travel perks. It’s honestly the most well rounded card we’ve found available on the market. The annual fees are easily recoupable with the numerous benefits, and it easily fits into a wide variety spending habits allowing many to take advantage. Of course if you meet requirements, the annual fee is waived anyway! So, what are you waiting for? Just apply for this credit card today itself and start benefitting from its fantastic deals and rewards.
- The Lifecycle of the Loan Settlement Process - 02/05/2017
- Best Credit Cards For Business In India - 19/04/2017
- India And Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards - 14/04/2017
- 3 Reasons Why Your Credit Card Limit Increase Is Rejected - 10/04/2017
- How Do Late Payments Impact Your CIBIL Score? - 07/04/2017