Small CIBIL Fluctuation Generally OK
Hello readers! We gets lots of email everyday with great credit questions. Here is an email from Suresh with a question many people have wondered:
My track record is very nice and i have no problem with any of the current running accounts even than my cibil score is getting up & down all the time.
Thank you for your email! I have some good news for you. It is normal for small fluctuations in your CIBIL score to happen. Even someone with no negative marks and the best of credit habits can see small swings in score. It’s all part of CIBIL’s every changing algorithm trying to determine the most accurate score. Unless the score changes are major, such as +/- 50 points frequently, then you should have nothing to worry about.
The easiest way to generally keep your score on a slow upward trend is to make some small to medium charges on your credit card each month and then pay in full. This will give a constant flow of positive credit data onto your profile and you should see small gains frequently. Need a credit card? We can help with that too.
If you have a credit question for us, please send it to us here at Ask CreditSmart and we will do our best to get back to you soon!
- To Infinia and Beyond! Review of HDFC Infinia Credit Card (2017) - 16/02/2017
- Changing A “Written Off” Loan To “Settled” on CIBIL Report - 10/02/2017
- It Is Called FREE CIBIL Score: Not Cebil, C Bill, Sibel, cbil, CIVIL Score - 09/02/2017
- Looking For A No Annual Fee Card In India - 09/02/2017
- Standard Chartered Card Hacked, How To Rebuild CIBIL? - 08/02/2017