‘Experience the New’ with Citi
One can always count on Citi for some exciting offers and they didn’t let their customers down this summer. The social media campaign social led campaign #WhatsNewThisVacation has been an instant hit among travelers and explorers alike. There is always a part of us that yearns for an offbeat travel; to dump the daily routine and go somewhere different, experience things and rejuvenate. This is precisely what Citi appealed to this summer under the ‘Experience the New’ campaign. Simply put, under this offer, Citi urged users to travel the roads less traveled, experience the other side and in the process, enrich your travel experience.
Citi partnered with MakeMyTrip to offer incredible travel offers with the coupon code ‘Summer’. Under this package, users were eligible for
- Rs 2500 cashback on domestic flights
- Rs 5000 instant savings + Rs 10000 cashback per pax on US Round Trip Flights: Qatar Airways
- Rs.3000 instant savings + Rs6000 cashback per pax on Europe Round Trip Flights: Qatar Airways
- Rs.3000 instant savings + Rs 6000 Cashback per pax on Malindo Air(except Kuala Lumpur)
- Rs.2000 instant savings + Rs 4000 Cashback per pax on Malindo Air: Kuala Lumpur Round Trip
- Additional 30% cashback up to Rs. 1200 on domestic hotels
- Additional 30% cashback up to Rs. 1200 on international hotels
- Additional 20% cashback up to Rs 10,000 on holiday packages
- 20% cashback up to Rs 400 on Gift Card Purchase
- Additional 30% cashback up to Rs. 1200 on home-stays
So who are eligible for this offer? This offer is valid on all Citibank Credit and Debit cards issued in India except Corporate Credit cards. However, the offers are applicable for only one eligible transaction per card per sector during the offer period. The customer must enter the correct promo code, wherever applicable, to avail the offer. Cashback will be credited within 60 days from the date of transaction to the customer’s card account.
The makings of an excellent social media campaign
Citi kick started this campaign by roping in renowned travel bloggers and couples Savi and Vidit of Bruised Passports’. Keeping in tune with the theme of the brand ‘Experience the New’, the duo traveled to offbeat locations like Andorra and Slovenia. Their exploration also took them to the lesser known, yet enchanting nonetheless locations of Paris and Seychelles. They captured their entire trip through detailed vlogs, Facebook lives and extensive use of social media. Along the journey, they also showed how their Citi cards can be optimized for maximum savings. This travel blog was an instant hit with Citi customers and others alike and generated a lot of interest in the ‘Experience the New’ campaign, which was quickly trending with the hashtag #WhatsNewThisVacation.
Spreading the word
Citi also urged customers who opted for this offer to share their experience on various social media platforms with the hashtag #WhatsNewThisVacation. It quickly caught up with a lot of people sharing their travel stories, experiences, travel hacks etc on Facebook. This buzz also resulted in many famous travel bloggers sharing their offbeat travel stories as well. Citi was smart enough to select the best of these stories and reward them in the form of travel coupons.
This entire social media led buzz would have amounted to nothing if it failed to reach the target audience. But this campaign was simply too brilliant to miss the mark. The ‘Experience the New’ campaign delivered a gigantic reach of 16MM+ on Facebook and an YOY uplift of 31% in cards spend in the campaign period i.e. May & June. Citi’s campaign is an excellent example of how a perfect combination of relevant offers, deep insight led communication, and effective promotion can result in a successful campaign.
- Getting A Credit Card Despite Having No Credit History - 22/02/2018
- What is the minimum income limit for applying for Credit Cards? - 19/02/2018
- I Was Approved For An RBL Card, But I Changed My Mind - 12/02/2018
- I Am Debt Free, Why Was I Declined For A Credit Card? - 05/02/2018
- How Long Does It Take A Credit Card Inquiry To Appear On CIBIL? - 31/01/2018