ICICI’s Coral Is Popular For A Reason
ICICI Bank (Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India), the second largest private sector bank in India has always been at the forefront providing a wide range of banking products and services. The ICICI Coral Credit card is an extension to what is turning out to be an impressive, diverse and feature-rich collection of credit cards that the bank is offering. It is worth noting here that some other cards offered by ICICI like the ICICI Bank HPCL Coral Visa/MasterCard Credit Cards and the ICICI Bank Platinum Chip Credit Card are already the preferred choices in their respective segments.
In this review, we will take a closer look at ICICI Coral Credit Card, its benefits, features and where it scores over its competitors.
Benefits And Features Of The ICICI Coral Credit Card
At the outset, the ICICI Coral Credit Card offers most of the benefits offered by credit cards in the category. Unlike segment specific credit cards like fuel cards and flyer cards that offer exclusive benefits for a certain group of customers, the ICICI Coral Credit Card offers the best of all worlds. It rewards the average supermarket shopper, the movie buff, the gastronomist and the fuel guzzler in equal proportions.
Let us take a look at some of the most prominent benefits offered by the ICICI Coral Credit Card
ICICI Coral Credit Card
- 2X cash rewards on dining and groceries
- Buy 1, get 1 movie ticket free at BookMyShow
- Get a complimentary tie from Provogue on joining
Chances of Approval:
Easy Rewards System
- Cash Rewards: The Coral Credit Card is designed to offer maximum benefits for all users. It has a strong reward system wherein the customer can earn 2X Cash rewards on dining, groceries and at supermarkets.
- Earn 20 PAYBACK points on every ₹ 500 spent on dining, groceries and at supermarkets
- Earn 10 PAYBACK points on every ₹ 500 spent on other transactions (except fuel)
- The reward points you earn get accumulated with PAYBACK every month and can be redeemed for cash or gifts of your choice.
Notable Cardholder Bonuses
- Complimentary Provogue tie on joining: Want to spice things up a bit? Flaunt the complimentary Provogue tie worth ₹ 999/- given away when you opt for the ICICI Coral Credit Card!
- Airport lounge visits: This is perhaps where the Coral card scores over its competitors like the Privilege card and HPCL Coral card. The Coral Credit Card owners are eligible for one complimentary domestic airport lounge visits per quarter. This lounge visit comes with a gourmet meal, comfortable seating, free Wi-Fi, widescreen TVs and beverage services. Got a better way to upgrade your travel experience at any airport?
- Complimentary movie tickets: The Coral Credit Card owners automatically qualify for the Buy One Get One offer through www.bookmyshow.com which gives you 2 complimentary movies every month. This can be availed any day of the week. Since the tickets run out of stock in no time, you may have to rush a bit to secure your free tickets.
- Culinary Treats Program: The Coral Credit card qualifies for the Culinary Treats Program where you are assured of atleast 15% savings on dining bills at over 2100 restaurants across India. For a list of all the participating restaurants, you may visit www.culinarytreats.com. All you need to do is present your Coral Credit card at the time of payment to avail the discount.
- Fuel Savings: There is a fuel surcharge of 2.5% every time you fill from a fuel station. With the ICIC Coral Credit card, this charge is completely waived off. This offer is available at all HPCL outlets and comes with a cap of ₹ 4000 per transaction.
- Chip and Pin Security: This credit card comes with the standard security features like an embedded microchip, PIN security, 3D Secure etc.
The bottom line
The ICICI Bank Coral Credit Cards definitely have more features and offer more in terms of cashbacks and reward points when compared to other cards in the segment. However, it comes with a joining fee of ₹ 1,000 and an annual fee of ₹ 500. Considering there are other cards in the segment which offer lower joining and annual fees, one needs to get the best out of the complimentary lounge visits as well as the cashback rewards to make it worth the use.
- The Flipkart Friendly Axis Buzz Card 2017 Review - 20/03/2017
- What Is This Fuss About Paperless Personal Loans? - 16/03/2017
- Unlimited Privilege With Axis’ Privilege Travel Credit Card - 14/03/2017
- Grab It And Go: Kotak Essentia Platinum Credit Card Review - 10/03/2017
- Pay Rent & Earn EXTREME Credit Card Points With RedGirraffe - 06/03/2017