RedGirraffe + Rent + Your Credit Card = INCREDIBLE Rewards
[dropcap]C[/dropcap]onsider this; an average Indian spends nearly 30% of his monthly income on paying rents. And most of this is paid in hard cash. While a lot of people have warmed up to the concept of a cash-less or a less-cash economy post November 08, people were left wanting for unique solutions when it came to paying their rents digitally. That seems a thing of the past now with RedGirraffe recently launching a revolutionary fin-tech product that can not only make paying your rent easy, but also rewarding!
It Works Like This
The basic concept of the RentPay platform launched by RedGirraffe is quite simple. The monthly rent payment, that conventionally happens in the form of hard cash will be attached to your credit card and will be processed automatically every month on a scheduled date. Let us see how it works;
- The “RentPay” platform works with the debit and credit cards of HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, IndusInd Bank, Kotak Mahindra, Axis Bank and SBI-GE credit cards.
- If you have a credit card with any of these banks, go to www.redgirraffe.com, fill up the registration form under RentPay and upload an active rental agreement.
- A welcome email with a RedGirraffe ID will be sent to your email with instructions on how to set up auto pay for the monthly rent payments from the credit card.
- That’s it and you are good to go!
Now, your rent will be automatically credited to your landlord and the corresponding expenditure will appear on your credit card under ‘Utility’ category.
Benefits of using RedGirraffe for rent payments
With the government going the whole way to bring down cash payments and banks announcing limits and extra charges for cash transactions, RentPay can be an excellent way to take off a significant cash payment from your monthly list. Apart from reducing your cash needs, using RedGirraffe comes with multiple benefits.
- No more annual fees: Many credit card companies waive off their annual charges if a user spends a certain amount during a calendar year. By paying your monthly charges via your credit card, this ceiling will surely be breached, leading to instant savings.
- Cashbacks: The rent amount will appear under utility section in your bill and if you have a credit card that has a cashback offer on utility spending, you stand to earn a cool 5% cashback just for paying your rent! For a monthly rent payment of Rs.10,000, you earn Rs.500, just like that!
- Redeem points: Most credit cards have a rewards point system wherein you earn points for the money spent and these points can later be redeemed for flight bookings, movie tickets, dining etc. Deciding to pay your rent via RedGirraffe will automatically add over Rs. 1 lakh expenditure to your card, which translates into a significant amount of reward points, depending on the type of credit card you have. It is also interesting to note that such cashbacks can more than make up for the paltry processing fee RedGirraffe charges on the transactions.
- Improved CIBIL score: It is common knowledge that paying your credit card bill on time will boost your CIBIL score. Using RedGirraffe to automate your rent payment from your credit card is a sure shot way of increasing your credit card spending as well as building your credit score. This will surely come handy later when you want to apply for a loan.
- Low transaction charges: At a time when flight operators charge exorbitant convenience fees and transaction charges, RedGirraffe offer their RentPay service at a measly transaction charge of 0.39%.
- RedGirraffe offers a one-time 5 days brokerage discount.
- RentPay services are available in most of the metros and are rapidly expanding to other cities as well.
Worth A Look
RentPay, offered by RedGirraffe, is a unique rental payment service that has already resonated with thousands of tenants. Not only does it reduce your dependence on cash, it also promotes digital transactions and at the same time guarantee assured benefits.
- The HDFC Regalia First Card Feels Good In The Pocket: Full Review - 11/09/2017
- Credit On Demand? ICICI Launches Instant Credit Cards - 04/09/2017
- American Express Membership Rewards Credit Card Rises Above The Rest - 26/08/2017
- Citibank Rewards India Vs. Citi Cash Back Card – Which is Better For You? - 21/08/2017
- ICICI’s Interesting Insta PL, an Easy Way To Get A Personal Loan - 15/08/2017