Review Of The HDFC Bank Platinum Times Credit Card
Digital subsidiary of The Times of India Group, Times Internet and HDFC Bank collaborated to launch a co-branded card, Times card. This card gives them a unique chance to reach people to their pockets to let them do more than they were doing before. The product provides leverage in the entertainment space. It basically revolves around dining and movie category.
HDFC Bank Platinum Times Card offers a whole of privileges and awesome deals. It lets you earn more than you actually spend in dining, retail and entertainment specially designed for HDFC Platinum customers.
Eligibility to own HDFC Platinum Times Card:
- Salaried employees between the age of 21 and 60 years are eligible.
- Self-employed businessmen between the age of 21 and 65 years are eligible.
Features of HDFC Platinum Times Card:
HDFC Bank Platinum Times Card is feature loaded card enclosing a lot of discounts and offers. This card is different from all other card as it has an embedded EMV chip as a safety measure to have secure transactions. The following are the features:
- Welcome benefits and vouchers for new customers for shopping, dining, apparel and other entertainment.
- All the cardholders will get 25% and 20% off on movies and dining respectively.
- With the HDFC world-class reward programme, all the card holders will get benefit in the form of reward points, like for your every spending of Rs.150; you can get 3 reward points.
- On every generated bill, get fuel surcharge waiver, which is capped at Rs.500.
- Earn 10 reward points for every Rs.150 spent on dining under weekday dining bonanza.
- In the event of fraudulent transactions, the card holder carries no interest as a liability as soon as the loss of card is reported.
- Get interest-free credit facility up to 50 days for all HDFC Platinum Times card holders, which is applicable from the purchasing date.
- All platinum card members, at minimum interest rates, can now avail revolving credit facility.
- Customers can now do payment for their utility bills and registration of platinum cards without much ado with SmartPay.
Benefits of HDFC Platinum Times Card:
- When booking 4 movie tickets where each ticket costs Rs. 150, you can get discount of Rs.1, 800/- for the whole year.
- At any of the restaurants participating in the benefit programme of this card, you can get discount of Rs.9, 600/- or proportionate discounts like on dining bills worth Rs.4, 000/- you can get discount of 20%.
- You can also get deferred discounts every month, like on every purchase of Rs.5, 000 get benefit of Rs.1, 500 on further fuel purchases.
- Scan QR code on dfc.timescard.com and enjoy additional offers and benefits.
Fees and Charges:
- Joining fee and annual fee of Rs. 1,000/-
- Late payment charges of up to Rs. 700/-
- Cash advances fee of 2.5% of the amount withdrawn.
The bottom line here is the card is great only for what it focuses on, which is entertainment benefits. If you love having fun and your lifestyle is mainly shopping and entertainment, then this would be a great card since you have the potential to earn more than you spend in certain categories. However, for others, there are more well rounded rewards cards on the market to look at before this one that can give you cash back or extensive travel perks. If this card interests you, you may apply here.