HDFC Regalia First Credit Card- Detailed review
HDFC has recently launched a few variants of its popular Regalia credit card like the Regalia First, Doctor’s Regalia and so on. The first impression we got when we reviewed the Regalia First is that it is so much similar to the Allmiles credit card that was recently devalued by HDFC. Also, it shares a lot of features and benefits with the standard Regalia credit card. But, there are major differences that HDFC has brought into the Regalia First credit card and our detailed review will bring the differences out.
Benefits of the HDFC Regalia First Credit Card
HDFC has brought a clear distinction to the category that they want to target with the Regalia First credit card and it is amply obvious from the kind of benefits it offers on card transactions. The main categories are travel and lifestyle. Let us look at both of them individually.
- Free Priority Pass Membership which allows the card holder complimentary Airport Lounge Access. This opens the gates to lounge access in more than 1000 airports across the world. Interestingly, the Add On member is automatically eligible for this membership. The number of such lounge access is restricted to 6 in international airports and 8 in domestic ones. Please note that the original Regalia offered 12 instances of free lounge access.
- Card holders are eligible for a Complimentary Club Vistara Silver membership which comes with the following perks
- Earn 9 Club Vistara(CV) points for every INR 100 spent on All Vistara Flights
- Additional 5 Kg Baggage allowance
- Priority Airport Check-in and Waitlist clearance
- Foreign Currency Mark-up Fee of 2% on international transactions which happens to be the lowest among credit cards in the same category
- Users can earn up to 15% discount on dining at select premium restaurants across the country. A list of participating restaurants is available here.
- Complimentary Travel Concierge Services
- Users can earn 4 reward points on every Rs.150 spent on lifestyle purchases
As is quite obvious from the above, the audience HDFC Regalia First credit card wants to target is the premium class. But, it’s not just about them. Let us take a look at the detailed features of the card to find out.
Features of the HDFC Regalia Credit card
- Rewards Program
This is where the original Regalia scores over the newer variant. While the original Regalia offered point value of Rs.0.75, in the Regalia First variant, the point value has decreased to Rs.0.40, which is a fall of almost 50%. Additionally, you can earn 2X Reward points on dining, Vistara flight bookings and for purchases done on regalia website. The reward points thus accumulated can be redeemed against bookings on entertainment and travel. Also, one has the option to convert those into Air Miles of leading airlines.
- Fuel surcharge waiver
For every spent on fuel over Rs 400, 0% fuel surcharge will be applicable. The maximum waive off that can be availed per statement cycle is Rs. 500
In addition to the above, the HDFC Regalia First credit card offers low Foreign Exchange Markup fee, insurance coverage, Personal Concierge Service and so on.
Fees and other charges
First year membership fee and annual renewal membership fee of Rs. 2500 plus GST is applicable. Card holders will receive 2500 reward points on successful joining and renewal. Also, for if the user spends Rs. 3 lakhs in one year, the renewal fee will be waived off.
Although the HDFC Regalia First credit card has quite some interesting features and benefits, it is not much of a stride over the original Regalia and its other variants. The travel benefits are similar to those offered by the now devalued AllMiles credit card. It is a decent credit card that can result in reasonable savings and can open the door to luxury at many places.
- The HDFC Regalia First Card Feels Good In The Pocket: Full Review - 11/09/2017
- Credit On Demand? ICICI Launches Instant Credit Cards - 04/09/2017
- American Express Membership Rewards Credit Card Rises Above The Rest - 26/08/2017
- Citibank Rewards India Vs. Citi Cash Back Card – Which is Better For You? - 21/08/2017
- ICICI’s Interesting Insta PL, an Easy Way To Get A Personal Loan - 15/08/2017