CIBIL Increases After Loan Closure, But Not Overnight
We get a lot of emails like this one from Vijaykumar asking about the fate of their CIBIL score after paying off a personal loan.
Dear sir /Madam,
Myself Vijaykumar ****** I have closed my personal loan with HDFC bank but bank showing in settlement so I request to you kindly update my CIBIL score.
Hi Vijay, thanks for your email. CreditSmart provides a CIBIL score estimate, but we are not CIBIL so we have no authority to make changes on your report. That responsibility lies with your lender and CIBIL. Generally when you pay off a loan and close it, the lender notifies CIBIL and updates your file accordingly reflecting your repayment (or lackthereof!). This usually takes 30-35 business days.
If more time than that goes by, you have a few options. First, contact your lender and ask them if they have updated your information on file to closed. If so, then it falls to CIBIL. If your CIBIL report is wrong you can go to cibil.com/dispute and file a dispute to correct the errors on your report. After your provide documents and proof of your repayment or proof the report is wrong, they will amend your report.
Best of Luck,
CreditSmart Staff CreditSmart
- 6 Tips: Using Your Card To Build Your CIBIL Score - 16/08/2018
- 7 Guaranteed Ways To Build Your CIBIL Score - 14/08/2018
- In Debt And Needing a Loan. Is My CIBIL Good Enough? - 06/08/2018
- Mistaken Identity Is Common Cause For A Low CIBIL Score - 29/07/2018
- The 5 Best Credit Cards In India For 2018 Revealed - 22/07/2018