Fuel Up With The IndianOil CitiBank Platinum Card Review
With spending on fuel and foods at an all time high, the need for an effective money saving option is needed now more than ever. The market is littered with credit cards offering rewarding benefits, and it’s important to know if you’re going to maximize the card’s features before you apply.
We’re going to cast our eyes on a great card from Citibank, the ‘IndianOil CitiBank Platinum Card’.
Follow the trail and see if you can save a few bucks with this card.
The view on IndianOil CitiBank Platinum Card
- CitiBank, a global financial institution having had a decade-long exposure in the Indian finance market, offers a credit card catered towards providing the cardholders with the preferential fuel savings and abatement.
Let’s start off with the host of benefits and rewards.
Benefits & rewards
More than 5% off on IndianOil Outlets
- You can earn 4 Turbo Points for every Rs 150 spend at IndianOil outlets. This caters to around 2.67% on the bill amount.
- Furthermore, you can avail 2.5% waive on fuel purchases.
- That’s readily more than 5% you can save on bills.
Turbo Points on Spends
- You are entitled to 4 Turbo Points on spends of every Rs 150 at featured partners like Makemytrip, Grofers, Flipkart and more.
- You can avail 2 Turbo Points for spending spree of every Rs 150 on groceries and supermarkets.
- An IndianOil CitiBank Platinum Cardholder can get up to 71 liters of fuel per year on the savings. Quite an astonishing amount.
- You can avail free fuel worth Rs 200 on every additional card with a limit set to 3 additional cards per applicant.
- You can free yourself from the annual charges for the card with spends of Rs 30,000 or more in a membership year.
- With no expiration of Turbo Points, you can avail them for something bigger later on. No hush around.
- Dedicated personal concierge services and dining privileges.
With the benefits done and dusted, time to get the feature list on our hands.
Features of IndianOil CitiBank Platinum Card
Flexibility on card usage
- No charges shall be levied on supplementary card issue.
- The option for emergency card replacement is open to the cardholders.
- The advance fee charged shall be around 2% of the amounts withdrawn from the ATM’s in India. It’s subjected to a minimum of Rs 300 while the charging amount is set at 7.5 USD on International ATM’S.
CitiAlerts and Instant Info
- With CitiAlerts feature, you can track your account activity with free SMS and E-mail alerts.
- The instant information shall be conveyed on the part of reward points and account dues. The service is available on part of account payments and credit limits too.
Utility and EMI support
- You can pay utility bills over 150 service providers in India with CitiBank secure online payment service.
- One can avail EMI features for spends over Rs 2500 with the card.
Here’s what you need to be eligible for the card.
- The applicant must have attained a major age, i.e. 18 years and shall possess Indian nationality or relevant visa.
- The applicant must submit copies of the income statement in the ilk of PAN Card, monthly payslips along with address and identity proof.
Time for some fees, then.
Fees & Charges
|1st year||Rs 1000|
|2nd year and onwards||Rs 1000|
However, the fee can be availed with spends of Rs 30,000 or more in the membership year.
- A definite piece to have, to save a few bucks on your fuel spending.
- With offerings of Turbo Points on spends at featured partners and more, this one deserves a shot. One more thing, you’ll absolutely love about it is the Turbo Points will never expire and the international utility of the card, it’s accepted worldwide.
- Here’s your getaway to IndianOil CitiBank Platinum Card, highly recommended!