Savings Are On Track With The IRCTC Platinum
Sometimes the best credit card perks are the ones that come to you the easiest without any effort of your own besides using the card. With the IRCTC branded Platinum card from SBI, you can do just that. Each purchase you make earns you a small percent of a free ticket, and it’s always astonishing how fast it adds up. The card has more tricks up it’s sleeve besides freebies, lets take a look at the run down of features:
SBI IRCTC Platinum Card
- Multiple Ways To Earn Free or discount Rail
- 1 Reward Point For Every Rs. 125 Spent
- Surcharges waived on ticket booking
Chances of Approval:
Benefits of IRCTC SBI Platinum Card
You can earn a full 10% of the ticket price in Reward Points: Travelers can get up to 10% value back on AC1, AC11, CC booking as SBI Card Travel Reward Points for ticket purchases buying directly from irctc.co.in.
A Waiver of 1.8% on transaction charges: Card holders save up to 1.8% on transaction charges (minus GST) every time at irctc.co.in on Platinum card bookings.
2.5% transaction fee waiver on fuel purchases: Customers can avail 2.5 per cent transaction fee waiver on fuel purchases across all petrol pumps for transaction amount ranging from Rs. 500-Rs. 3,000 (exclusive of GST and other charges). The maximum surcharge waiver that can be availed is Rs. 100 per statement cycle per credit card account.
Reward points on purchases: Customers get 1 reward point for every Rs. 125 spent on other retail purchases, including railway ticket purchases, at irctc.co.in. One reward point = Re 1. “Apply today get free 350 bonus activation reward points,” said IRCTC.
Offers from VISA: Customers also get “great offers” on travel, gold, dining, and other entertainment options from VISA, according to irctc.co.in.
Is this card worth it?
In our opinion, while this card gets average marks for it’s perks, it’s really a card designed for the heavy train rider. If that’s you, then you can’t do better than this. Free rides come faster than you think with even the smallest purchase giving you points toward your ticket. If you do not travel much and need a more well rounded card then we recommend the standard SBI Simply Save.
SimplySAVE SBI Card
- 2,000 bonus rewards on spends of Rs. 2,000 in first 60 days
- 2.5% fuel surcharge waiver
- 10 Reward Points per Rs.100 spent
Chances of Approval:
- Ask CreditSmart: What Is The Best Credit Card For NRI With The Lowest Fees? - 18/11/2018
- IRCTC SBI Platinum Card 2018 REVIEW – Earning FREE Train Tickets Is Easy - 05/11/2018
- Cash Withdraw From Credit Cards Is VERY Expensive – GUIDE - 28/10/2018
- Is There A Credit Card For Me If I Have A Low CIBIL Score? - 21/10/2018
- For India, The Time to Get Your CHIP Card Now - 14/10/2018