Review Of The Kotak Urbane Gold Card
Kotak is quite prolific in the credit card game! They seemingly have a card for everything and everyone. Lets see what notes the Urbane Gold cards hits, and you can decide if it’s right for you.
Overview of the Kotak Urbane Gold Credit Card
The Kotak Urbane Gold credit card offers a lot of rewards to cardholders. It provides 3 reward points for every Rs. 100 that card members spend on retail transactions. These reward points can be redeemed against the purchases that card members make with this credit card.
Kotak Urbane Gold Card
- 3x Points For Every 100Rs. Spent
- 1000 Points Redeemable For Rs. 75
Chances of Approval:
Benefits of the Kotak Urbane Gold Credit Card
1. Reward points
Card members earn 3 reward points with this credit card, when they spend Rs. 100 on retail purchases. Moreover, for every 1,000 reward points, card members get Rs. 75 as its redeemable worth. However, for redeeming the reward points, card members must have at least 1,000 reward points.
2. Annual fee waiver
This credit card waives the annual fees of the first year, when the card member spends at least Rs. 15,000 within the first year in retail purchases and swipes the credit card at least once within the first three months of obtaining this credit card.
Furthermore, this credit card waives the annual fees after the first year, when the cardholder spends at least Rs. 15,000 within a calendar year. Moreover, if the card member does not reach the yearly spend threshold, then they receive 2 reward points on spending Rs. 100.
Features of the Kotak Urbane Gold Credit Card
1. Milestone feature
The milestone feature with this credit card enables cardholders to win 10,000 reward points or 4 complimentary PVR tickets, when they spend at least Rs. 1 lakh per year.
2. Urbane Shield
Cardholders get Rs. 50,000 coverage for fraud usage of their credit card for up to 7 days. However, this is only accessible, when the card member reports it beforehand while their credit card is stolen. For this, they just need to call the customer service representatives of the Kotak Mahindra bank at 1860 266 2666 at once and get their credit card deactivated or blocked in order to prevent its misuse. They should also call the Insurance Company to register a claim.
3. Add-on credit cards
Cardholders can also get add-on credit cards with this credit card. The add-on credit card comes with similar benefits that are enjoyed by the primary card member. Plus, cardholders can set a spend limit on their add-on credit card. Moreover, they can track their transactions with spends tracking feature on every add-on credit card separately.
Fees and other charges of the Kotak Urbane Gold Credit Card
- Annual fee: Rs. 199, which can be waived off
- Interest rate: 3.5% per month
- Late payment fees: Rs. 100 to Rs. 700, subject to the outstanding balance
- Cheque bounce payment: Rs. 500
- Over limit fees: Rs. 500
- Card replacement charge: Rs. 100
- Balance enquiry at other ATMs: Rs. 0
- Charge slip retrieval fee: Rs. 0
- ATM machine surcharge: Rs. 0
- Duplicate statement fee: Rs. 0
The bottom line
The Kotak Urbane Gold Credit Card is a great choice for shopping, as it offers 3 reward points on retail purchases. With this credit card, you get a lot of redemption options in different categories. Moreover, this credit card offers annual fee waiver, milestone features, add-on credit cards, and protection against fraudulent usage to cardholders.
- Simply The Best: SBI Simply Save Credit Card 2018 Review (Updated!) - 09/08/2018
- What Makes the SBI Prime Different From The Simply Click? - 09/03/2018
- How to Use A Citibank Credit Card to Get Amazing Discounts on the New iPhone - 29/11/2017
- Tata Titanium Card Excellent Card For Daily Spending | Review - 27/10/2017
- How To Decide Which Bank Is Giving The Best Home Loan Deal - 18/10/2017