Review of the HSBC MakeMyTrip Platinum Credit Card
The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited, India (HSBC) along with MakeMyTrip have launched a co-branded credit card in India that offers customers exclusive benefits on bookings made on travel packages, electronics goods, movies etc.
MakeMyTrip, which has quickly grown on to become a leading online travel company in India offers all-inclusive travel packages in the domestic as well as the international sector. MMT offers exclusive packages in various segments like family tours, corporate tours, honeymoon packages etc. By tying up with HSBC to launch a co-branded credit card, MMT signals a significant shift in their strategy to boost customer loyalty. Let us take a closer look at the benefits and features of the HSBC MakeMyTrip Platinum Credit Card.
- Free flight ticket vouchers for customers
- Discount vouchers at MakeMyTrip worth more than Rs.5000
- 5 reward points on every Rs.100 spent at MakeMyTrip
- For every Rs.100 spent at other merchant outlets, earn 1.5 reward points.
The reward points thus accumulated can then be redeemed at partner sites or by contacting HSBC via phone or website. The reward catalogue has a rich variety of gifts across various categories including electronics, vouchers, appliances and cosmetics to name a few.
Major benefits and features of the HSBC MakeMyTrip Platinum Credit Card
Apart from these benefits, the HSBC MakeMyTrip Platinum Credit Card offers a host of other additional features which are listed below
- Fuel surcharge waiver: For fuel spending between Rs.400 and 4000 made at any fuel station in India, you can earn a 2.5% surcharge waive off.
- Dining out privileges: You stand to win a cool 20% off at major outlets under the HSBC dining privileges
- HSBC MakeMyTrip Platinum Credit Card owners can avail zero lost credit card liability if they report the loss/theft of credit card on time and as per laid down procedure
- Under the Visa Concierge Services, HSBC MakeMyTrip Platinum Credit Card holders can avail concierge services across the globe.
- Another attractive feature of this card is the free interest period of 52 days provided the customer has settled his previous bill on time.
- The Loan on Phone facility feature allows customers to convert their large transactions into an EMI transaction through phone banking.
- The balance transfer feature enables customers to transfer their outstanding dues on another credit card to the HSBC MakeMyTrip Platinum Credit Card at nominal charges
- Similarly, the outstanding EMI balances on other credit cards can also be transferred at low interest rates. This saves the customer from the hassle of having to maintain two credit cards simultaneously. The interest rates applicable for such transfers is as follows
- For 6 months to 12 months tenure – 12.5% per month
- For 18 to 24 months tenure: 1.50% per month.
Apart from these, the HSBC MakeMyTrip Platinum Credit Card offers other standard facilities like Cash on EMI, Balance conversion, Instant EMI, Extended Credit facility, International ATM access and so on.
Fees and other charges
The charges on the HSBC MakeMyTrip Platinum Credit Card are quite reasonable as the joining fee is just Rs.499. Apart from this, an annual renewal charge of Rs. 499 will apply from the second year onwards. Interestingly, you will be eligible for an annual fee waive off if you make purchases worth Rs. 1 lakh and above on your card, in a year. There is an interest free credit period of 52 days.
From the above, it seems that the HSBC MakeMyTrip Platinum Credit Card is worth the charges and is an excellent option to have for people who regularly use MakeMyTrip for their traveling needs. The reward program is quite robust and the points accumulated can be redeemed for exciting gifts. Apart from this, the fuel surcharge waive offs and other standard facilities offered with this card make this a highly beneficial one for regular users.
- 5 Tips While Using Your Credit Card on Holiday - 24/07/2017
- Medicine For Your Wallet: Review of the HDFC Doctor’s Superia Card - 03/07/2017
- One Of The Best Cash Back Cards in India: HDFC Freedom Card Review - 27/06/2017
- Make Your Day With HSBC MakeMyTrip Platinum Card (Review) - 20/06/2017
- Review: Maruti Suzuki NEXA HDFC Bank AllMiles Credit Card - 19/06/2017