Seven Years Is Usual In The Credit World
From: Pawan B******* <email@example.com>
Subject: Cibil score
It’s more then 10 years yet my name is there in cibil report.I have heard that after 7 yrs the name is removed automatically
You Will Always Have A CIBIL File
Hi Pawan! Thanks for your email. You have the right idea but are a little confused about what actually gets removed from CIBIL. Your name itself will never be removed from CIBIL, you will always have a CIBIL report – and that’s a good thing. It’s important to maintain your credit year to year, and part of that is making sure old credit events such as defaults or charge-offs get removed.
Although there are exceptions, in most cases a negative credit event like that will ‘fall off’ your CIBIL report after 7 years. This is a good thing as a financial setback of the past will not continue to haunt you forever, and gives you a clean slate of sorts to get your credit in order.
Best of Luck,
CreditSmart Staff CreditSmart
- 5 Ways To Improve Your CIBIL Score in 2019 - 30/12/2018
- Ask CreditSmart: What Is The Best Credit Card For NRI With The Lowest Fees? - 18/11/2018
- IRCTC SBI Platinum Card 2018 REVIEW – Earning FREE Train Tickets Is Easy - 05/11/2018
- Cash Withdraw From Credit Cards Is VERY Expensive – GUIDE - 28/10/2018
- Is There A Credit Card For Me If I Have A Low CIBIL Score? - 21/10/2018