Seven Years Is Usual In The Credit World
From: Pawan B******* <email@example.com>
Subject: Cibil score
It’s more then 10 years yet my name is there in cibil report.I have heard that after 7 yrs the name is removed automatically
You Will Always Have A CIBIL File
Hi Pawan! Thanks for your email. You have the right idea but are a little confused about what actually gets removed from CIBIL. Your name itself will never be removed from CIBIL, you will always have a CIBIL report – and that’s a good thing. It’s important to maintain your credit year to year, and part of that is making sure old credit events such as defaults or charge-offs get removed.
Although there are exceptions, in most cases a negative credit event like that will ‘fall off’ your CIBIL report after 7 years. This is a good thing as a financial setback of the past will not continue to haunt you forever, and gives you a clean slate of sorts to get your credit in order.
Best of Luck,
CreditSmart Staff CreditSmart
- Are “No Cost” EMI’s A Good Option For You? – From LiveMint - 15/07/2018
- CIBIL Scores: 4 Steps To An Easy Home Loan Approval - 08/07/2018
- You Can Now Get Your CIBIL Score From WhatsApp - 02/07/2018
- I have a 788 CIBIL Score, Why Was I Not Approved For A Credit Card? - 28/06/2018
- You Will Always Get More With A Healthy CIBIL Score - 25/06/2018