Seven Years Is Usual In The Credit World
From: Pawan B******* <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: Cibil score
It’s more then 10 years yet my name is there in cibil report.I have heard that after 7 yrs the name is removed automatically
You Will Always Have A CIBIL File
Hi Pawan! Thanks for your email. You have the right idea but are a little confused about what actually gets removed from CIBIL. Your name itself will never be removed from CIBIL, you will always have a CIBIL report – and that’s a good thing. It’s important to maintain your credit year to year, and part of that is making sure old credit events such as defaults or charge-offs get removed.
Although there are exceptions, in most cases a negative credit event like that will ‘fall off’ your CIBIL report after 7 years. This is a good thing as a financial setback of the past will not continue to haunt you forever, and gives you a clean slate of sorts to get your credit in order.
Best of Luck,
CreditSmart Staff CreditSmart
- Ask CreditSmart: Was My Axis Bank Credit Card Approved? - 16/09/2018
- 10 Ways a Great CIBIL Score Will Help Your Financial Life - 16/09/2018
- Why Was My SBI Prime Card Rejected? - 06/09/2018
- 3 Things To Do Before You Cancel A Credit Card - 26/08/2018
- How To Prevent Credit Card Fraud - 20/08/2018