PNB Global Platinum Card Review
Punjab National Bank (PNB) is a well-known bank in the Indian financial market. It offers a wide range of financial products and services to customers, including bank accounts, credit cards, debit cards, loans, insurance, etc. Among other credit cards, PNB offers its PNB Global Platinum Card, which offers special benefits and exceptional privileges to customers.
Overview of the PNB Global Platinum Card
- This card provides special offers and privileges to customers on their everyday purchases.
- Among its wide variety of benefits, some include annual fee waivers, platinum benefits, add-on cards, worldwide acceptance, a pretty rewards program, etc.
- In its security features, this card has an embedded microchip that protects online transactions from cyber attacks.
- Customers get insurance protection through the card’s lost card liability.
Benefits of the PNB Global Platinum Card
1. Annual fees
The annual fee of this credit card is waived off in three conditions, which are if:
- You spend more on this card as compared to its credit limit
- You make a minimum of one retail purchase in three months
- The card account carries a nice track record
2. Joining fees
The joining fee of this card will be refunded to the cardholder, when you make purchases above the card limit within the initial 6 months of using this credit card.
3. Add-on cards
Card members can receive up to 2 add-on credit cards with this card for their children, parents, and spouse. However, if you are taking the credit card for your children, then ensure that they are above 18 years of age.
4. Platinum benefits
Cardholders get priority customer care services as well as extra incentives, such as merchant discounts, from PNB as part of their platinum benefits.
5. Account statements
Card members receive their credit card account summary every year, in turn allowing them to easily access their credit card transactions.
Features of the PNB Global Platinum Card
1. Rewards program
- Enjoy 2 reward points per Rs. 150 on making purchases at retail outlets
- Earn 1 reward point per Rs. 100 on all other purchases
- You can redeem these reward points for a wide array of gifts from the rewards program of PNB
This credit card is an all-purpose card, as it can be used for a variety of things, including shopping, dining, railway ticket bookings, travel, refueling, etc.
3. Worldwide acceptance
The PNB Global Platinum Card is accepted globally at more than 3,80,000 merchant outlets as well as more than 30,000 ATMs in India. Globally, this card is accepted at 1 million Visa ATMs and 29 million merchant outlets.
4. Concierge Services
As a cardholder, you can contact the concierge help desk of PNB, which is available 24/7. You can enjoy any of these concierge services.
- Dining reservations
- Bookings for hotel accommodations and travel
- Pre-trip, Visa, and passport assistance
- Lifestyle services like bookings for shows and events
- Delivery of gifts and flowers
- Emergency services like emergency road side assistance, travel arrangements for patients, and medical assistance
5. Utility bill payments
Card members can easily pay their telephone as well as mobile bills, along with electricity bills on the website of Visa Bill pay.
6. Lost card liability
If you lose this credit card, you should immediately report it to the 24/7 customer care centre of PNB. After you report your lost credit card, PNB will provide you with protection against lost card liability for all types of fake transactions.
Fees and other charges of the PNB Global Platinum Card
- Annual fees: Rs. 500 (This is not levied, if the credit card is taken against a fixed deposit)
- Joining fees: Rs. 500 (This is not levied, if the credit card is taken against a fixed deposit)
- Over limit charges: Rs. 500 or 2.5%, whichever is greater (Rs. 250 for fixed deposit account holders)
- Revolving credit (APR): 29.81% per year (19.56% per year for fixed deposit account holders)
The PNB Global Platinum Card is a great credit card for everyone. It offers a wide assortment of benefits and features, including 2 reward points on purchases made at retail outlets. Moreover, it is secure to use and is accepted worldwide.
- SBI Customers Can Now Get Pre-Approved Cards - 05/10/2017
- How Do I Know My Credit Limit On My SBI Card? - 02/10/2017
- I’ve Lived Outside India For 20+ Years, Do I Have A CIBIL Score? - 25/09/2017
- Still Have A Low CIBIL After NOC From Settlement? - 20/09/2017
- Can Changing Your Mind On A Credit Card Hurt Your CIBIL? - 17/09/2017