Amex Is The Gold Standard In Rewards Cards
**Updated For 2017**
American Express has brought about easy access to diverse products, experiences and insights to its customers globally enriching lives and helping businesses succeed. Since 1921, American Express has been providing top quality services to corporates and individuals alike in India.
Of the various products the global services company provides, the American Express Gold Card is a notable offering. Targeting the affluent and young Indian customers who are in search of payment options that offer not only prestige but high value, the card offers them the ability to keep track of their finances and manage it well. Here is our review of the Amex Gold Card India.
The Gold Card from American Express redefines the standards set for a gold card with its exclusive benefits such as
- Accelerated and huge reward points, which are offered on the card for using it a minimum of 4 times in a month. This is in addition to the points you get on the amount spent.
- The membership rewards program is an award winning feature. It has over 400 redemption choices that are unique to the card.
- In built intelligence feature which helps card holders to spend in a hassle free way without restrictions on the amount spent, unlike debit card usage.
And with all the above advantages you also get the prestige, quality, trust and security that come with the American Express name. Not to mention, at the time of posting American Express is offering a Rs 500 Flipkart Voucher free upon approval! New offers for 2017 are being offered frequently, so we will do our best to keep this page updated with all the welcome bonuses and such.
American Express Gold
- Welcome gift of Rs. 1,000 Statement Credit
- 5,000 Bonus Points on 1st year renewal
- Earn 1 Membership Rewards Points for every Rs. 50 spent
Chances of Approval:
The main features cardholders will find of great use include
Bonus Reward points of 4000 for new members for using the AMEX card three times in a span of 60 days from the date of acquiring the card and after annual fee payment.
For card holders who renew their card after one year, 5,000 bonus points for membership will be provided
When you make 4 transactions that are over 1,000 INR using the card within 30 days of acquiring it, you will get 1,000 bonus rewards points, which can translate to about 12,000 points in a year.
Card holders are eligible for two supplementary gold cards as a complimentary offer provided at no extra cost.
Members can earn around 20 bonus points under membership rewards for each Rs. 100 that is charged to the card.
And cardholders need not worry about the points expiring before they get to redeem it, as the points earned on the Amex gold card do not expire and can be redeemed anytime.
Amex gold card in India offers flexibility with its inbuilt intelligence feature. You can assess how you spend your money and adjust the spending limit automatically with this feature. This serves as a great way to curb unnecessary spending.
Another advantage of gold card is you will not have to pay expensive interest charges, provided you pay the balance completely every month. So, in essence you pay what you spend without any interest and with a credit span of nearly 48 days. Thus you can plan your expenses and save money, so you will not get any unpleasant surprises.
With the Gold Card from Amex you also get various other benefits such as
- Get 20 percent off on restaurant expenses whenever you use one of the restaurant partners of Amex.
- 24/7 assistance on card related enquiries
- Zero liability on lost card
- Efficient resolution of dispute
- Emergency replacement of card
To own a gold card from American Express here are the eligibility criteria
- Income should be over 6,00,000 INR per year
- Should own any other bank issued credit card
The gold card from Amex has just the right features that the affluent younger generation would want for. The shopping, dining and rewards benefits tick the right boxes making it a good option to consider when you are looking for a card to suit your flamboyant lifestyle. And the rewards serve to sweeten the deal more. One of the best cards in India by a longshot. If you think this is the right card for your pocket, you can apply here.
- Shop Strong: SBI’s Simply Click Advantage Credit Card Review - 16/10/2017
- 5 Things To Consider Before Agreeing To Become A Loan Guarantor - 08/10/2017
- Platinum Edge Card from HDFC Shines For Travelers ( 2017 REVIEW ) - 19/07/2017
- Amex Pays You Cash Back With its Payback Credit Card ( REVIEW ) - 12/07/2017
- Ever Wonder How Often Should You Check Your CIBIL Score? - 10/07/2017