Review of the SBI Simply Save Advantage Credit Card
The branding can get a bit confusing because we’ve already become familiar with the Simply Save card from SBI, but now what’s this? The Simply Save Advantage? Quite simply it does offer a few advantages over the standard version of the card, but are they really drastic? Not particularly but a certain segment of people will certainly find them appealing enough to choose this over the original version. Lets look at the offers and features.
Simply Save Advantage Card
- 10X Reward Points on Movies, Dining, Food
- earn a cashback of Rs100 on their first ATM use
- free annual membership from the second year
Chances of Approval:
Benefits of the SBI Simply Save Advantage Credit Card
1. Welcome offers
When you withdraw for the very first time using this credit card, you can receive Rs. 100 as cash back. However, this withdrawal is only valid till the initial 30 days after you sign up for this credit card.
2. Reward points
- Receive 10 times reward points on groceries and departmental store purchases, dining, and movies
- When you spend Rs. 100, you can earn 1 reward point
- Reward points can be used to pay off outstanding balances on this credit card
- Reward points can be redeemed against gifts showcased on the SBI website
- 4 reward points = Rs. 1
3. Annual fee reversal
The annual fees of Rs. 499 is reversed when you spend over Rs. 75,000 in a year.
4. Fuel surcharge waiver
The SBI Simply Save Advantage Credit Card waives off 1% fuel surcharge.
5. Book railway tickets online
You can book your online railway tickets on the IRCTC website using this credit card and get them delivered to your doorstep.
6. Worldwide acceptance
This credit card is accepted at over 24 million merchant stores around the world, including nearly 3,25,000 merchant stores within India. You just have to look for stores that accept Visa or MasterCard credit cards.
7. Add-on cards
You can now get additional cards with the SBI Simply Save Advantage Credit Card for your children, parents, spouse, and siblings. However, you must ensure that the add-on card is only given to people above 18 years old. Moreover, there are no annual fees levied on the supplementary credit cards.
8. Easy money
Cardholders can get a draft or cheque against the card’s cash limit and get it delivered to their doorstep through the easy money feature.
Fees of the SBI Simply Save Advantage Credit Card
- Annual Fees: Rs.499
- Add-on card charges: Rs. 0
- Interest rates: 2.50% monthly or 30% annually
- Over limit fees: Rs. 500 or 3% of the overall over limit amount
- Online railway ticket surcharge: 1.80% of the overall transaction amount and service charge
How the SBI Simply Save Advantage Credit Card is different from the SBI Simply Save Credit Card?
There are only minor differences between these two cards. These are:
- The SBI Simply Save Credit Card has a cash advance fees of 3.35% monthly or 40.2% annually, whereas the SBI Simply Save Advantage Credit Card has the same fees at 2.50% monthly or 30% annually.
- The SBI Simply Save Credit Card has extended credit facility fees of 3.35% monthly or 40.2% annually, unlike the SBI Simply Save Advantage Credit Card that has the same fees at 2.50% monthly or 30% annually.
The SBI Simply Save Advantage Credit Card is particularly aimed at consumers who are shopping fanatics. However, if you already have the SBI Simply Save credit card, then you should not bother to go for this credit card as there are not many differences, only slight ones in the fees.
- Citi Rewards Card Sets The Standard In 2018 – Review - 20/05/2018
- Take A Closer Look at the 2018 Citibank Rewards Card - 09/04/2018
- 4 Reasons Why You Should Have More Than One Credit Card - 25/03/2018
- SBI Prepares New Credit Card Specifically For Farmers - 22/03/2018
- These Are The 3 Most Popular Cards from Standard Chartered - 15/03/2018