Snapdeal and HDFC Teamed Up On A Great Credit Card
You read correct; this HDFC card has affiliated with your favorite online shopping portal Snapdeal to get you even more savings and offers. However, that’s not all…
- Targeting e-commerce with fresh flair, this is the first co-branded card of its kind today.
- The primary use of the card is apparent, you make digital payments when before you could only select the COD (cash on delivery) option.
- Versatility and rewards come in equal measure to customers owning this HDFC original credit card.
- Its rewards structure is for India alone; check out their terms and conditions for specifics.
- For apps like Freecharge, Cleartrip, OLA, and others, you can avail outstanding cash-back offers.
- As soon as you join, you get a welcome bonus of 500 reward points.
- There are 5 spending categories out of which one of them will be targeted, as per your preference, for the highest reward multiplier to be applied.
- Categories include utility, fuel, dining, travel, and entertainment.
- For every INR 150 that you spend in the chosen category, you can earn four times the reward points for that category. Suffice to say that you need to choose the option you most spend time doing. If you travel often, go for that option, to offer an example.
- The other categories are not forgotten. You get twice the reward point earnings for each INR 150 you spend in those.
The Snapdeal HDFC Bank Card grants you more digital freedom and access to exclusive discounts and offers.
- Recharge using Freecharge app: 10% cash-back
- OLA app purchases: 5% cash-back
- Cleartrip purchases exceeding INR 5,000: INR 1,000 cash-back
- Fuel surcharge: 2.5% waiver
- With maximum rate of INR 250 per billing cycle, 2.5% waived for petrol rates
- Annual card fee Year-1: INR 500
- Year-2 fee waived only if you spent INR 1,50,000 or more the previous year
The only concern for online shopaholics is if they spend more time on Snapdeal than competitive sites like Flipkart and Jabong, to name two examples. The same can be said for the Freecharge app, whether you prefer it to other similar apps or not.
The one downside to this card is its lack of e-commerce partners. However, if you are a Freecharge/Snapdeal person, this card will serve you well. Bear in mind that this is the first of its kind on the market; it will be a wise option to wait and see if things evolve.
Something to think about getting the card early can avail you even more rewards if or when HDFC expands the Snapdeal Card’s options. If you’re interested, apply here.
- SBI Does Not Ban Cryptocurrency Purchases – But Offers Warning - 22/04/2018
- Closing Liabilities and Raising Your CIBIL Score - 15/04/2018
- Understanding Credit Limits: Is My Credit Limit For A Month or Year? - 02/04/2018
- I Have an 818 CIBIL Score, Why Was I Rejected For A Loan? - 18/03/2018
- Looking For A New Credit Card To Compliment the HDFC Regalia - 26/02/2018