Review of the Standard Chartered Ultimate Card
Standard Chartered is at it again, with another new card on the market to capture the luxury credit card market, and this one looks poised to do just that.
Launch of the Standard Chartered Ultimate Card
The Standard Chartered Ultimate Card is just recently launched on 15th September 2017. This credit card works on the Visa Infinite platform. This will automatically tell you that this credit card is super premium and offers corresponding benefits to its customers. This card is aimed at affluent customers since it pays one of the highest reward points in the Indian credit card market.
The Standard Chartered Ultimate Card is offered at nominal fees of Rs. 5000 with great benefits that are worth more than the fees. Shyamal Saxena, the Country Head of Standard Chartered Bank’s retail banking sector, said that this credit card would be a great product in the HNI and prosperous segments through its rich features.
Standard Chartered Ultimate Card
- Rs. 10,000 cash back at MakeMyTrip.com
- Huge 3.3% Value back overall
- 5 Reward Points on any Rs.150 Purchase
Chances of Approval:
Overview of the Standard Chartered Ultimate Card
The Standard Chartered Ultimate Card comes with a wide array of enhanced and attractive perks, such as luxury hotel upgrades, cash back at several duty free shops, as well as access to 170 premier golf courses in total all over India as well as abroad. It also offers great discounts on travel spends and fine dining, along with reward points on all your purchases.
Eligibility for the Standard Chartered Ultimate Card
In order to be eligible for the Standard Chartered Ultimate Card, you must meet the following requirements, along with the regular requirements of the Standard Chartered Bank.
- New customers: Your annual income should be at least Rs. 24 lakhs.
- Existing Standard Chartered bank card members: Your current credit card limit should be at least Rs. 3 lakhs.
Benefits of the Standard Chartered Ultimate Card
1. Welcome offers
- New card members enjoy a welcome bonus of a maximum of Rs. 10,000 as cash back when they spend at least Rs. 10,000 on Make My Trip (MMT) hotel bookings within the first three months of signing up for this credit card
- The welcome offer is valid only on the first transaction
- The amount of cash back will be Rs. 10,000 or the transaction amount, whichever is lesser
- The cash back is given within 60 days from your stay or travel date
2. Reward points
- Enjoy 5 reward points when you spend Rs.150 on any purchase
- The reward rate is 3.3% value back
- 1 reward point = Rs. 1
- Reward points can be redeemed against gift vouchers on the SBI website as well as Amazon gift cards, along with air travels and hotel bookings
3. Cash back
- Cardholders get 20% cash back when they spend a minimum of Rs. 15,000 in a month
- Get cash back of 5% on your duty free purchases
4. Airport lounge access
- Enjoy access to more than 1,000 premium airport lounges worldwide with 4 visits per quarter in a year
- Receive the complimentary membership of Priority Pass (worth $99) that allows you 1 visit per month to more than 1,000 VIP airport lounges worldwide; this is applicable for both primary as well as add-on cardholders
- The Priority Pass is offered when you spend Rs. 20,000 using this card in the preceding month
5. Renewal perks
You can enjoy renewal benefits with this credit card in the form of 5,000 reward points, which are equal to Rs. 5,000.
6. Amazing discounts
- Enjoy exciting discounts on yQ (Meet and Assist), that is, the Airport Fast Track immigration service that you can avail at more than 450 destinations across the world with up to 25% discount
- Savings of up to 25% with 1 Car Class Upgrade with Hertz and up to 35% on worldwide car renting with Avis
Features of the Standard Chartered Ultimate Card
- Enjoy up to 25% discount on dining out at the finest 250 restaurants across India with reservations through the concierge online booking service of the bank
- Receive 2 free golf games in a month at 20 premier golf courses within India
- Access to 20 golf courses in India and 150 golf courses worldwide
- Receive the status of Hilton Honors Gold with complimentary stay of 4 nights
- Get 2% foreign currency markup fees on any foreign currency transaction rather than the standard 3.5%
- Avail BookMyShow offer on Visa Infinite Program
- Many other Visa Infinite Privileges
- Access to the 24×7 concierge helpline
- Option to avail add-on cards without any separate credit limit
- Enjoy complimentary air accident travel insurance worth Rs. 1 crore
Fees of the Standard Chartered Ultimate Card
- Annual fees: Rs. 5000 + GST
- Renewal fees: Rs. 5,000 (5,000 reward points offered as renewal bonus)
- Overseas transaction fees: 3.5% of the transaction amount
- Add-on card fees: Rs. 0
- Interest rates: 3.1% per month or 37.20% per year
The Standard Chartered Ultimate Card is primarily designed for travelers like all other premium cards. Therefore, it’s a great card if you are a frequent traveler and spend a lot on Make My Trip hotel bookings. This way you can get the most out of this credit card. Moreover, this credit card offers high reward points on all your purchases.
- 5 Ways To Improve Your CIBIL Score in 2019 - 30/12/2018
- Ask CreditSmart: What Is The Best Credit Card For NRI With The Lowest Fees? - 18/11/2018
- IRCTC SBI Platinum Card 2018 REVIEW – Earning FREE Train Tickets Is Easy - 05/11/2018
- Cash Withdraw From Credit Cards Is VERY Expensive – GUIDE - 28/10/2018
- Is There A Credit Card For Me If I Have A Low CIBIL Score? - 21/10/2018